Energy Locals is turning the traditional energy model on its head. For a start, we don’t earn more money when our
customers use more power. We provide our customers with much-needed transparency in an industry that’s famous
for confusion. We also proudly support some world-leading companies, including Sonnen and Tesla, to give
customers products that will change the way they produce, store and use power.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations, this role is responsible for the day to day management of the
Customer Operations team. This is both a diverse and challenging role that leads the team to deliver successful
outcomes for our customers, employees and business; and spans all facets of the customer lifecycle from sale to
collection. This isn’t an average day job. It’s a role that challenges
beyond expected norms, and in the process, provides a vast amount of
learning that can fast-track a career in team management and leadership.
What you'll do
- Provide strong leadership that facilitates delivery of a seamless and superior
- Ensure all activity is compliant with energy rules and regulations.
- Constructively challenge industry norms that are barriers to effective service delivery.
- Act as an escalation point, using and facilitating subject matter expertise, and monitor service
delivery for retail issues, including:
- Front line customer contact – telephony, email, chat and social media.
- Transfers - exceptions, rejections and objections.
- Service Orders – rejections and exceptions.
- Sales, fulfilment and retention activities.
- Customer complaints, both internal and external.
- Collection and credit.
- Facilitate the documentation of back office processes and procedures necessary to support this role.
- Provide strong, open and honest internal communication.
- Assist in developing key insights in customer behaviour relating to engagement and service provision.
- Access and review customer data to develop insights to assist Energy Local’s performance in acquisition,
retention and profitability.
- Provide an/or assist in the reporting of Customer Operations activities.
- Work proactively and collaboratively within the Energy Locals team to drive better customer experiences and
- Provide coaching and development of team members.
- Undertake quality assurance of team member performance.
- Facilitate and constructively participate in team meetings.
- Undertake training delivery where required.
- Identify and report process and system improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a healthy and safe work environment.
Drawing on the key responsibilities, the three key objectives of the role are:
- Deliver an amazing customer experience.
- Grow the team.
- Be an inspirational leader.
- Excellent understanding of the energy retail market.
- Proven success as a team manager or similar type role.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment.
- Proven history of self-direction, problem solving, organisational and project management.
- Capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously; able to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience handling a highly pressured job/work environment.
- Flexible, motivated, dependable and happy to work in a team environment.
- Excellence at prioritising and juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the key metrics that drive successful performance.
- Experience in a start-up operation and/or change management.
- Excellent organisational and personal management skills.
- Strong intellectual reasoning capability.
Your fit with our culture
- Energised by the idea of working in a smaller, nimble and hungry company where actions will have a positive
impact across the whole company very quickly.
- Getting your hands dirty and revel in the challenge of taking on multiple tasks and projects concurrently
see the personal growth potential associated with being at the heart of a rapidly changing industry and
excited to be part of accelerating the transition to simple renewable energy
- Love the transparency Energy Locals offers our customers and operate in a similar way in managing.
- Find a straight-shooting work environment refreshing and love the ownership of the role.
What to do next?
Does this sound like you? Email Scott Begg at firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining why you’re hungry for this