We’re turning the traditional energy model on its head. For a start, we don’t earn more money when our customers use more power. We provide our customers with much-needed transparency in an industry that’s famous for dirty tricks and for trying to maintain the status quo, regardless of what that’s costing the planet. We’re on a mission to decentralise energy so that customers can use clean, cheap power at predictable and affordable prices. To do that we work with some key partners such as Tesla, Sonnen & Amber - making us a different kind of energy company, and this a different kind of operational role.
About the role
This role is responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of the Customer Service Operations team
- Delivering epic service for our customers, engaged employees and successful business outcomes, spanning all facets of the customers lifecycle from sale to collection
- All of our customer contact - Sales, Customer Service & Credit & Collections - along with a number of back office support activities that keep the business moving forward and customers leaving us with 5* ratings.
This isn’t an average day job. It’s something that will challenge you beyond what you’re probably used to. We’re scaling up and working on world-first projects, so if you want a quiet life then read no further. If you want to fast-track your learning and career, read on.
- Drive the continued development of an operational framework to effectively manage your business area
- Leverage a structured methodology (e.g. Lean) to remove waste throughout the business and make your business area as efficient as it can be
- Ensure Credit & Collections processes deliver required business outcomes, particularly in light of current economic conditions
- Implement a quality framework, and provide training, coaching and development of team members
- Provide feedback & recommendations to the wider team on opportunities to increase both sales conversion and customer service outcomes
- Leverage data and insights to both manage the business and implement positive change
- Develop strategies for each of the business units and manage through to implementation
- Manage all forms of customer contact - phone, email, live chat, tickets - along with requests from Partners that require action
- Act as an escalation point for your team and customers
- Own and manage key relationships with regulators, ombudsman and system suppliers
- Report on business performance - stats and actionable insights
- Adhere to all energy rules and regulations
- Energy and Credit & Collections experience are both essential for this role
- You’ll manage through facts and figures.
- You’ll have a track record of improving operational areas through a structured methodology like Lean.
- You’ll understand how to get the most out of a credit and collections function.
- You’ll be a people person and enjoy working with your team to coach and develop individuals.
- You’ll be able to describe what epic customer experience is.
- You’re naturally analytical by nature and thrive on the challenge of getting your hands dirty pulling a process or data apart.
- You’re persistent, and won’t give up at the first hurdle in your way.
- You’re creative with your ideas - we’re innovating after all.
- You love the sound of a fast-paced environment, with moving priorities.
- You thrive under pressure, or at the very least know how to manage it without it impacting your performance.
- You’re able to deliver in a changing environment.
- You love process and have a natural flair for getting things right
- Of course you are electronically savvy, and have highly developed skills in Microsoft Office and/or G Suite product offerings
- Knowing that time is precious, you are an excellent time manager and self directed in your approach to work
Your fit with our culture
- While you may have experienced life in a traditional corporate, you’re energised by the idea of working in a smaller, nimble and hungry company where your actions will have a positive impact across the whole company very quickly
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and will revel in the challenge of taking on multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- You’ll see the personal growth potential associated with being at the heart of a rapidly changing industry and you’re excited to be part of accelerating the transition to simple renewable energy
- You’ll love the transparency we offer our customers and will operate in a similar way in your own style
- You’ll find a straight-shooting work environment refreshing and love the ownership that you’ll have in your role
Reach out with any questions that you may have. You can apply now by emailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.