Energy Locals is turning the traditional energy model on its head. For a start, we don’t earn more money when our customers use more power. We provide our customers with much-needed transparency in an industry that’s famous for confusion. We also proudly support some world-leading companies, including Sonnen and Tesla, to give customers products that will change the way they produce, store and use power.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of our pricing strategy. As part of this you’ll manage reprice events and deliver pricing solutions for our own customers as well as our key partners. You’ll have a great opportunity to add fresh ideas and structure energy pricing in a different way.
This role will provide a heap of company-wide experience to someone who wants to fast track their career and gain experience at a rapid pace. With our fast-paced start up culture you’ll benefit from significant personal development in a key role.
What you'll do
- Manage pricing of our energy products including the accurate reflection of these within our systems and government comparison sites.
- Contribute to the development of pricing strategies to support Energy Locals.
- Deliver innovative pricing solutions for our key partners.
- Understand detailed changes in the market in relation to costs, competitors and legislation.
- Undertake complex analysis that will support insights over performance, margin and underpin pricing.
- Maintain strong communication channels between various internal stakeholders
- Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of commercial pricing tools.
- Supervision over critical areas such as network tariff reconciliation and market prudential's.
- Calculation of load reallocation between market participants as part of market settlements.
What you’ve got
- You’ve spent time in an energy retailer, comfortable with both electricity and gas markets.
- You understand in detail the various cost components of energy pricing.
- You understand the pitfalls that you need to avoid when structuring prices.
- You’ve got awareness of wholesale energy market, distribution charges and environmental obligations.
- You display fantastic time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- You are proud of your intense attention to detail and accuracy.
- You’ve developed a strong ability to clearly communicate complex data.
- You bring excellent computer literacy, and are comfortable with advanced Excel and SQL.
- You’re well versed in regulatory obligations relating to pricing.
- You’re comfortable working with settlement data and derivatives.
- You have knowledge of solar generation and how it’s reported within the market.
Your fit with our culture
- You may have experienced life in a traditional corporation, but you’ll be energised by the idea of working in a smaller, nimble and hungry company.
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and will revel in the challenge of taking on multiple new projects concurrently.
- You have the ability to react positively, manage priorities and have genuine empathy for customers.
- You’ll see the personal growth potential associated with being at the heart of a rapidly changing industry
What to do next?
Does this sound like you?
For further information or to apply please email your resume to email@example.com.