We've now successfully filled this position. Please keep an eye on our site for new opportunities soon.
IT Graduate position
Full Time (Weekday) position - happy to discuss flexible arrangements
- Do you like all things tech & system related?
- Are you are an SQL master?
- Do you have a real passion for using your technical skills in ways that have people eating out of your hands?
- Are you on top of the big tools that startups are using to automate their processes and improve the customer experience?
- Do you have an interest in the ever-changing energy sector?
Energy Locals is taking on the big guys in a broken industry. We’re proud of the fact that we don’t screw our customers and we’re helping some smart, future-focused tech companies get into market so that customers can benefit from cleaner and cheaper energy.
You’re an emerging superstar who has intuitive technical skills regardless of which system or problem you’re looking at. You see manual processing and the use of spreadsheets as databases as pitiful wastes of effort when you know you could implement 5 small improvements each day to make things better.
What we are looking for is someone who is proactive, hungry, passionate about making a difference, loves a technical challenge and thrives on the idea of working in a fast-paced company that’s taking on tradition.
We’re not looking for someone with 10 years experience - we’re a startup, remember!
- You’re likely to be a new or recent grad and have studied an IT-related subject.
- You don’t fancy ending up in a large, stale IT department in a big company. You want to get amongst the action and learn fast, ready for when you set up shop on your own.
- Experience in SQL is preferred. If you happen to have seen a retail billing platform before, that won't hurt but mainly you need to be able to pick apart SQL and pivot tables.
- You’ll improve our work so far by running simple integrations to help various systems communicate without manual effort.
- You’ll be eager to learn by using and integrating our website & associated APIs, our billing platform, Zapier, Slack, Campaign Monitor and other third-party tools.
- You’ll be flexible and up for trying out new solutions. If someone says something’s not possible, you’ll work on proving them wrong.
- You'll be able to juggle a few tasks at a time with a strong degree of autonomy, as you'd expect in a startup environment.
Grow your career through this role:
- Span every part of our business, soaking up experience that would take years to gain in a big organisation.
- Be a part of an organisation that's fundamentally changing the energy industry for the better.
- Grow your level of responsibility as our company continues to grow.
- Learn from an experienced, passionate, and driven team.
- Work alongside some of our amazing community and commercial partners.
Are you ready to take a career move that acts as the springboard for your future career? If so, send your CV to email@example.com and instead of a cover letter, tell us three ways in which you’ve used SQL to improve something.