Finance Analyst / Commercial Analyst - Pricing
Full time, Melbourne
Energy Locals is turning the traditional energy model on its head. For a start, we don’t earn more money when our customers use more power. We provide our customers with much-needed transparency in an industry that’s famous for confusion. We’re backed by robust investors and are proud of the work we’re doing to clean up the energy market. Our partners include world-leading companies that are disrupting the energy sector, such as Sonnen and Tesla, by offering products that change the way customers produce, store and use power.
What you’ll do
You’ll initially take on our pricing function, which entails a wide-range of responsibilities that span customer tariffs through to market settlements and some aspects of compliance reporting. Once you’ve demonstrated your talent, we’d like you to broaden your role while retaining oversight for the pricing area.
You’ll be involved in:
- Pricing strategy: identifying and evaluating ways in which our pricing structure could better serve our customers.
- Tariff design and production: mapping cost inputs and producing tariffs in line with our pricing strategy.
- Integration of tariffs with external systems: integrating our customer tariffs with government comparison websites and our billing platform.
- Market settlements: wholesale settlements via AEMO and the payment of distribution charges and environmental costs.
- Internal controls: management of rigorous controls over critical areas such as network tariff reconciliation and market prudential requirements.
- Forecasting and reporting: usage forecasting and the production of accurate reports for our key partners and certain government agencies.
- Project management: setting up and running critical projects such as annual reprice events.
What you’ve got
- You’ve gained experience as a finance analyst or commercial analyst in a service industry
- You have a sharp, quantitative and commercial mindset
- You're an Excel guru and able to efficiently work with large volumes of data, with experience in financial/mathematical modelling
- You have intense attention to detail
- You’ve developed a strong ability to clearly communicate complex data
- You can demonstrate your experience in calmly staying on top of multiple competing priorities
- You’re a qualified accountant and looking to fast track your career towards a general management role in finance
- You’ve spent time in an energy retailer as a pricing analyst or commercial analyst and understand the regulatory obligations associated with pricing
- You’re literate in areas of commercial finance that go beyond pricing
- You have ambition to contribute in a broader capacity than pricing alone
- You’re comfortable with SQL and able to produce custom macros
How you’ll fit with our culture
- You may have experienced life in a traditional corporate, but you’ll be energised by the idea of working in a smaller, nimble and hungry company
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and will revel in the challenge of taking on multiple new projects concurrently
- You’ll see the personal growth potential associated with being at the heart of a rapidly changing industry
- You’re a keen problem solver and love the challenge of needing to find new ways to overcome barriers
What to do next?
Does this sound like you? Email email@example.com and tell us why.