Credit and Collections Specialist
About the team…
Energy Locals is expanding their team nationally – so it’s an exciting time to join! We are looking for someone who has a “can do”
attitude, who is proactive and can take ownership of the invoice and debt collection process, resolving issues and agreeing overdue
invoice payments and payment plans.
What does your typical day look like?
- Managing the day-to-day debt recovery
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints relating to the debt recovery process
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Manage multiple accounts for delinquency and debt collection efforts
- Ensure new and existing customers are assigned the correct offering.
Enough about us – let’s talk about you…
- Extensive experience within a phone-based customer service environment
- At ease with providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in overdue invoice / debt recovery / debt collection techniques
- Experience in energy in particular, debt collection for electricity and gas (compliance reasons).
- Strong understanding of customer conflict and issue resolution techniques
- Strong MS Office skills and other commercial billing systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
Why Energy Locals?
The opportunity to be part of a high energy team, with opportunities to develop your career further in a fun and agile environment.
If this role sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you, please email
for more information.