Compliance Specialist – part-time
We’re turning the traditional energy model on its head. For a start, we don’t earn more money when our customers use more power. We provide our customers with much-needed transparency in an industry that’s famous for confusion. We also proudly support some world-leading companies, including Sonnen and Tesla, to give customers products that will change the way they produce, store and use power.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join Energy Locals as a Compliance Specialist in a part time role (3 days per week). In this role you’ll support the Compliance Coordinator in undertaking compliance audits, providing compliance advice and reporting, and implementing processes and procedures. A fantastic chance to add fresh ideas, help to enhance our systems and establish best practice capabilities.
What you'll do
- Assess adherence to compliance and regulatory obligations and provide recommendations for improvement. You will then work with other business areas to implement your recommended changes
- Keep up to date with upcoming regulatory and compliance changes and assist in the smooth delivery of these changes across the business including contributing to software development and staff training.
- Work closely with all teams to help facilitate a compliance-focused approach withing the business
- Participate in the preparation and undertaking of regulatory/compliance audits
- Document key compliance procedures and processes including assisting in developing and updating compliance reporting procedures and risk framework
- Collect and analyze data from multiple systems for reporting and audits
- Be a reference point for compliance/legal/regulatory questions within the business
What you’ve got
- You love compliance! Experience in a compliance role is not necessary but at a minimum you’ll have experience in the retail energy industry, preferably in an operational role.
- You are familiar with the rules and laws that govern the electricity retail industry. You understand the importance of compliance and regulation in the operation of a retail energy business
- You’ll be analytic by nature and will thrive on the challenge of pulling apart and rebuilding processes.
- You’ve developed a strong ability to clearly communicate.
- You display good time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines. You’re able to deliver in a changing environment.
- You’re proud of your attention to detail and accuracy.
- You bring good computer literacy skills and use Excel at an intermediate level.
How you’ll fit with our culture
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and revel in a challenge.
- You’ll find a straight-shooting work environment refreshing and love the ownership that you’ll have in your role
- You have the ability to react positively, manage priorities and have a genuine empathy for customers.
- You’ll see the personal growth potential associated with being at the heart of a rapidly changing business
What to do next?
Does this sound like you?
For further information or to apply please email your resume to email@example.com