About the team
Come and join a busy Energy business with a strong focus on renewable energy and is experiencing growth nationally!
As the Accounts All Rounder you will responsible for processing and payment of invoices, accounts payable functions, reconciling bank accounts and supporting month end journal preparation and processing along with general ledger reconciliations.
What does your typical day look like?
- Check accuracy of invoices
- Input and code invoices to cost centre
- Process invoices
- Send invoices to Manager for payment approval
- Schedule pay runs based on standard company payment terms
- Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process
- Update and maintain vendor details in a timely manner
- Report on aged payables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
- Identify improvements to the accounts payable process
- Raise invoices to debtors and be first point of contact for collection of payment
- Report on aged receivables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
- Support creation of invoicing by the business
- Support the month end process by providing supporting documentation for month end journals
- Calculate and process month end accrual journals
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register
Enough about us – let’s talk about you…
- 3+ years’ experience within Bookkeeping and Accounts Payable
- 1+ years’ experience as Assistant Accountant
- Experience with Xero accounting software.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
- Accurate data entry skills
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and revel in suggesting improvements.
- Ability to build good relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Good computer software skills including confident using Excel.
The opportunity to be part of a high energy team, with opportunities to develop your career further in a fun and agile environment.
What to do next?
Does this sound like you? Email email@example.com with your resume, and tell us why.