About the role
We’re a young and rapidly growing company that’s making a positive difference in the energy industry. We’re now excited to look for our first HR specialist with a focus on attracting new talent to our organisation.
You’ll most likely be an accomplished recruiter who’s looking to broaden your HR career by gaining generalist experience. Being the lead for talent and HR within our company will give you exposure to a diverse range of subjects to help you achieve your career goals faster.
You’ll be responsible for filling a number of vacancies each month – some from existing roles and some new ones as we grow.
Beyond attracting talent, you’ll focus your time and energy on retaining great people and will implement an employee value proposition, upskill managers, improve our physical working environment, put in place best practice people policies, and guide the leadership team when considering people matters including bi-annual talent mapping and succession planning processes.
- Produce a strategy for how we can best attract and retain the right type of talent for our business
- Recruit for a small number (<10) of roles each month
- Ensure the need for a new or replacement role is properly justified by managers, assist with the creation of a good quality role description and job, and advertise on key online job boards
- Manage the hiring process, from shortlisting applications through to reference checks and job offers
- Put in place great quality onboarding processes and training for new starters
- Develop relationship with key sources of potential talent acquisition (eg universities)
- Create a bi-annual talent development and succession planning process for the organisation, and work with the leadership team to roll it out throughout the organisation
- Introduce employee engagement measurement followed by plans to continually improve engagement scores
- Provide ER and IR advice to managers and upskill managers so they can better manage lower-level matters themselves
- Coordinate the implementation of a fantastic employment value proposition by assisting a cross-functional working group and the leadership team
- Manage all informal and formal recognition programs in collaboration with the leadership team
- Ensure adherence with all HR policies and procedures
- Report on health and safety and people data
- Assist with making our current and new office environments great places to work
- You’ll report directly to our COO and have close contact with the entire leadership team and managers throughout the business
- You’re a talented recruiter and your presence and style easily get conversations going with talented people
- You can demonstrate how well you can run talent acquisition and retention processes
- You have some experience of broader HR issues and relevant HR legislation, and are keen to orientate your career towards HR business partner roles
- You bring excellent relationship building skills which engage stakeholders across the whole organisation
- You’re extremely driven and a get-it-done sort of person
- You’re keen to ‘muck in’ in a smaller but quickly growing organisation and get involved in a wide range of different things on a daily basis, while always seeing things through to completion
- You’ve got great career potential ahead of you and are hungry to learn
- You’re able to deliver an employee value proposition
- You’re happy to travel to Sydney very occasionally if required
Why Energy Locals?
Energy is going through the biggest wave of disruption in generations. We’re a rapidly growing clean energy startup that’s loving this disruption and using it to get more renewable energy into the grid by working with industry-leading companies such as Tesla, Sonnen and others as well as a range of major building developers. We have offices in Cremorne, Melbourne, and Sydney.
We support flexible working and welcome applications from people returning from parental leave. Oh, and our office is dog friendly too.