We are looking for a Head of Digital Transformation to ensure our customer experience and services are among industry-leading best practices.
Energy Locals is a growing renewable energy retailer with big ambitions. We focus on creating a seamless customer experience– vastly improving the processes for employees while reducing our customer costs to drive value.
We work in an open environment where you will be rewarded for delivery– where you will be expected to take responsibility and influence the team from day one. At Energy Locals, you will work alongside passionate colleagues, who share the vision of driving a carbon-neutral world.
About the job
The Head of Digital Transformation is a pivotal role within the digital business responsible for clients’ development, scale, and delivery of digital transformation initiatives. This role is responsible for the transformational Digital portfolio for the whole business.
As Head of Digital Transformation, your focus will be to deliver a smooth and efficient execution of our digital projects across the business. The digitization process is central to the profitability of our business and needs your special attention. It includes implementing a digital change management framework and building the bridge between cross-functional business streams.
You have a keen go-do attitude and consider yourself a hands-on leader. You will work in close collaboration with our development team, customer, operations, vendors. This role requires significant engagement with Senior Executives and stakeholders, to review and define objectives and priorities, ensuring team deliverables are aligned to group business requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Operating and Technology officer you will be considered part of the Energy Local’s Leadership Group with an equal share of voice of delivering the business glide path.
- Develop and deliver Energy Local’s digital transformation strategy to drive down cost and improve the experience.
- Drive a commercial focus across Energy Locals’ digital channels ensuring maximum return on investment, strong oversight, and ensuring this is understood and embedded across the business,
- Be the custodian of the digital experience, ensuring all agile teams are working to deliver to our agreed vision for our customers,
- Drive project planning and delivery of the Energy locals’ digital projects.
- Champion agile ways of working by empowering and supporting others to select appropriate agile practices to drive rapid development and testing to improve delivery
- Collaborate closely with all Energy Locals teams to take “manual” work out of our system
- Promote quality and consistency of delivery standards, ensuring the team adopts Energy Locals requirements and best practice tools and processes
- Actively maintain a talent pipeline, overseeing strategic initiatives designed to evolve the capability of your team, in line with emerging/future trends and growth opportunities
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities
- Walk the talk when it comes to being an Energy Locals leader, and actively role model our values and behaviors.
- A hands-on leader that thrives on working hand in hand with the business, vendors, and team.
- BSc./MSc preferred
- Minimum 5 years project delivery and leadership experience
- Extensive experience in project management and delivery
- Ability to translate key business requirements to technical capability and functionality
- Team management building and experience.
- Passionate and driven personality
- Preferred Understanding the energy market including electricity, gas and renewable energy.
- Awareness of the Australian Energy regulation rules.
- You get the job done and have a keen sense of urgency when needed
What we offer
Energy Locals has a strong team of professionals that are highly engaged and ambitious. You will be working in an innovative workplace and is expected to contribute to that.
You will get the opportunity to work in a growing and successful environment with technology and customer interaction in the energy industry.
You will be able (and expected) to influence your own role, your responsibilities, and your development path.