We are looking for a Head of Customer Experience to ensure our services and customer offering are among industry-leading best practices. The purpose of this role is to create, manage and execute the customer experience strategy and ambition, and to build and nurture the CX capability across the organisation. This role is focused on strengthening our go-to-market approach.
Energy Locals is a growing renewable energy retailer with big ambitions. We focus on creating a seamless customer experience– vastly improving the processes for employees while reducing our customer costs to drive value.
We work in an open environment where you will be rewarded for delivery– where you will be expected to take responsibility and influence the team from day one. At Energy Locals, you will work alongside passionate colleagues, who share the vision of driving a carbon-neutral world.
About the job
The Head of Customer Experience is a pivotal role within the operations and technology team, responsible for implementing and coordinating change management frameworks and processes that will see an efficient and effective approach to delivering customer requirements throughout the business.
As Head of customer experience, your focus will be developing a process and framework that will coordinate people, price, product, positioning, and promotion to strengthen our go-to-market approach.
You have a keen go-do attitude and consider yourself a hands-on leader. You will work in close collaboration with our customer service, partnership, sales, commercial and technology teams. This role requires significant engagement with Senior Executives and stakeholders, to review and define objectives and priorities, ensuring customer deliverables are met on time, on budget with the greatest impact on revenue.
Reporting to the Chief Operating and Technology officer you will be considered part of the Energy Local’s Leadership Group with an equal share of voice of delivering the business glide path.
This is for someone who is ready for the next step-up in their career and takes their marketing delivery know-how to the next level.
- Develop and deliver Energy Local’s go-to-market strategy including marketing, process, and frameworks.
- Implement and execute frameworks to seamlessly deliver on all customer-led initiatives.
- Coordinate the collaboration of all business functions, consistently supporting design and delivery of great end-to-end customer experience and offers.
- Awareness of product canvas, business canvas, and customer canvas development and execution.
- Lead customer immersion, including research design and synthesis required to ensure the proposition is grounded in customer need and commercial governance.
- Maintain strong internal relationships across Energy Locals to ensure all employees maintain a customer-focused approach in the development and implementation of any project/program.
- Coordinate customer-led requests in the business.
- Lead the team, stakeholders, and partners to generate ideas, products, and strategies that utilize innovative technology and channels (sch as web, app, mobile, social, search, chat, kiosk) to complement traditional modes of service.
- Lead VOC program, including analysis of customer feedback, organisational and frontline insights to ensure ongoing refinement of strategy.
- Lead future-state customer experience design and cross-functional delivery via prioritised customer journey use cases, embedding Human Centred Design (HCD) and best-practice Design Thinking principles to drive step-change improvements in customer advocacy is preferred.
- Build a team internally and externally to strengthen Energy Local’s go-to-market approach.
- A hands-on leader that thrives on working hand in hand with the business, vendors, and team.
- Bachelor Marketing / Business preferred
- Minimum 3-5 marketing experience (product development, branding, go to market, customer delivery and service)
- Human Centred Design Certification preferred.
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Team management building and experience.
- Passionate and driven personality
- Preferred Understanding the energy market including electricity, gas and renewable energy.
- Awareness of the Australian Energy regulation rules.
- You get the job done and have a keen sense of urgency when needed
What we offer
Energy Locals has a strong team of professionals that are highly engaged and ambitious. You will be working in an innovative workplace and is expected to contribute to that.
You will get the opportunity to work in a growing and successful environment with technology and customer interaction in the energy industry.
You will be able (and expected) to influence your own role, your responsibilities, and development path.